Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS)
The Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) is a Medical Institute of Ranchi University in Ranchi, the capital of Jharkhand, India. The college is an autonomous body established under an act of Jharkhand Assembly and is one of the premier medical colleges in the state and India.
The institute was established in 1960 and was originally called Rajendra Medical College Hospital after Rajendra Prasad, the first President of India. The Medical College Hospital came into existence in February 1965.Dr N.L. Mitra was the first principal of the college. Dr. K.P. Shrivastava was the first director of the Institute after it was renamed.Currently RIMS is in news for its up gradation. The Institute provides free medical service to the patients along with essential drugs.
The college is 1500 bedded Multi-Speciality Hospital with Advanced Diagnostic Tools. There is Oncology centre with the latest Radiation Machinery, a 100 seated Dental College. The college also has a 14 bedded Trauma centre, the first of its kind in Eastern India.
The intake every year previously was 90 students for the undergraduate course. As per the new regulations of the MCI (Medical Council of India) it has increased its seats to fill a new number of 150 undergraduate students. The college provides post graduate education in almost all the departments which constitutes around 150 intake admission every year. The Neurosurgery Department offers M.Ch. (Master chirurgiae or Master of Surgery) degree. About 15% of the total seat is filled through Central Quota & rest through (JCECE Board) Examination. Under PMSSY scheme, a 240 bedded Super Specialty Hospital Oncology, Cardiology, Urology and Paediatric Surgery Related Diseases will be dealt with all modern facilities.
Ranchi, Jharkhand, India
- To take admission via All India Quota in NEET, candidates need to take part in Online Counselling for NEET conducted by MCC.
- To take admission via State Quota, candidate should have cleared 10+2 class exam from the state and should have the valid address proof and domicile of the state.
- All India Quota admissions are governed by the Director General of Heath Sciences, New Delhi.
- State Quota admissions are governed by the JCECE.
- Candidates can apply for MBBS/PG courses after successful completion of entrance exams,
- Fill the application form available online.
- Submit the filled application form along with all documents like educational details, personal details, and entrance exam.
- Candidates will be called for counselling based on the ranks obtained in entrance examination.
- Final selection list will be updated on official website.
- Candidates need to pay fees within due date. Failing in this could cause the cancel of selection and seat will be awarded to the next candidate on waiting list.
Cource Offered By RIMS RANCHI
|B.sc. (Nursing)||4 Years|
|M.ch. (Neuro Surgery)||5 Years|
|M.sc. (Nursing)||2 Years|
Fees Structure RIMS RANCHI:
The fee structure for the University is different for different departments and there is a fee for the admission process as well. It is for whole course as follows:
- MBBS : 27,000
- BDS : 24,000
- D, M.S : 2,245
All the above fee is in Indian Rupees.
Fees Is Subject To Change
Official Website : Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences RIMS RANCHI
Also Check : IIT Kharagpur